Gregory Genias, better known as Bootleg Greg, was born in the hills off Cockpit Country Trelawny, Jamaica. His transformation into Bootleg Greg began at an early age with the help of his father, a self-proclaimed bushman and moonshiner, who exposed a young Gregory to the inner workings of plants and herbs and their benefits to the human body.
Today, he is the co-owner of Bootleg Greg Cocktail Company, a concept cocktail and health conscious beverage company. He also serves as the cocktail beverage consultant for the Dean James Max Restaurant Group. He manages and streamlines the beverage programs at various restaurants and bars across the country.
Throughout all his endeavors, he continues to teach the importance of using fresh fruits and herbs and creating cocktails that prioritize nutrition. You can also see some of Bootleg Greg’s work on the NBC network, CT Drinks YouTube channel, in the book A Field Guide to Drinking in America by Niki Ganong and most recently in Cynthia Von Buhler’s immersive play “The Illuminati Ball: an immersive excursion” and “Speakeasy Dollhouse: The Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic”.
- Years ITB: 22
- Known for: the utilization of fresh ingredients in cocktails
- Your go-to drink is: when in doubt Wray & Nephew
- Favorite cocktail to make at home: The Daiquiri
- Must have garnish: fresh citrus
- Essential home bar accessories: a sharp pairing knife, spring water and clear ice
- Best Tip for novices: don’t be afraid to try spirits straight
- Best three-ingredient cocktail: The Daiquiri
Featured Cocktail: I’m Just Here For The Comments
- 3 dehydrated oranges
- 3 star anise
- 1 basil blossoms
- 1 oz Cappelletti Aperitivo
- 1 1/2 oz Malfy Blood Orange Gin
- 5 oz Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic
- In a 23 oz Spanish Copa glass, build cocktail by adding 2 star anise buds and 2 dehydrated oranges
- Fill glass halfway with ice, then add Aperitivo and Gin
- Add 3 oz Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic and stir with a bar spoon
- Top with ice and remainder of tonic
- Garnish with remaining orange wheel, star anise and basil blossom
Awards & Accolades
- Created #1 happy hour in Fort Lauderdale with Even Keel Fish and Oyster
- Winner 2019 Chef Shake Down from the Lighthouse Point Yacht Club
- Created Real Men Drink Pink Signature Papa’s Pilar Rum Cocktail
- Featured in numerous books: The Field Guide to Drinking in America and Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Handcuffed Houdini
- Former Mixologist for acclaimed artist and author Cynthia Bin Buhler
- Winner of Bar Arts Award with Marriott
Handcrafted Cocktail Packages
Bootleg Greg Cocktail Co. provides a fresh and healthy twist to your next socially distanced gathering. In collaboration with Spirited South Florida, Greg will create custom handcrafted cocktails with garnish and serving instructions. Best of all, you will get to experience a hassle-free evening that allows you to feel like a guest at your own event. Contact CocktailR@SpiritedSouthFlorida,com for more information.