Get Ready! The one, the only, Bob Higginbotham and the team at Death or Glory Bar in Delray Beach have resurrected the popular summer ‘Bar Brawl’ series, kicking off a fast-paced, cut-throat, no holds barred elimination competition. Join the Facebook group for all the scoop. Special thanks to Bar Brawls photographer Studio B2, Inc / Emiliano Brooks for allowing us to feature his photography.
The battle for the coveted cocktail crown kicks off on Wednesday, June 12 at 9:30pm and continues for 12 weeks, pitting 24 of the most badass cocktail professionals from South Florida against each other in a single elimination competition that runs through the finals on August 28.
Crafty competitors will demonstrate their skills using their knowledge of classic cocktails, spirits and bar techniques, then be judged by a panel of cocktail ‘experts’. The winning bartender will receive a cash prize of $750.
- Jessica Bell, El Camino – Delray Beach
- Robert Bell, El Camino – Fort Lauderdale
- Jeffrey Creegan, El Camino – Delray Beach
- Robert Dolder, Banyan – Delray Beach
- Dustin Ezell, The Rebel House – Boca Raton
- John Fitzpatrick, The Wine Room Bar – Delray Beach
- Olivia Graham, Driftwood – Boynton Beach
- Tiffini Grant, Cafe Martier at Post Office Arcade – Stuart
- Jessi Harris, Voltaire – West Palm Beach
- Michael Heeney, Sweetwater – Boynton Beach
- Justin Himmelbaum, Mucho Gusto – Delray Beach
- Kira Helman, Elisabetta’s Ristorante Bar Pizzeria – Delray Beach
- Joshua Leith, Eau Palm Beach – Palm Beach
- Dave Lovett, 1000 North – Jupiter
- Ervin Machado, Big Time Restaurant Group – West Palm Beach/Fort Lauderdale
- Joe Messina – Port St. Lucie
- Huy Nguyen, Driftwood – Boynton Beach
- Nick Nistico, Kilgore Group – Miami
- Anthony Rettino, Jaguar Sun – Miami
- Amanda Rosetti, Voltaire – West Palm Beach
- Matthew Swig, Sundy House – Delray Beach
- Dakota Thompson, Tiki-Ono – Lake Worth Beach
- Eric Vincent, Apothecary 330 – Fort Lauderdale
- Elizabeth Williams, The Regional – West Palm Beach
As founder of Atlantic Avenue Beverage, headquartered in Delray Beach, Bob Higginbotham’s passion for the development of creative beverage programs and successful restaurants is driven by more than 20 years experience in the hospitality industry. Throughout his career, he has served in every level of restaurant management and operations. From beverage director, to general manager, to owner/operator, his vast experience allows him a unique perspective and intimate knowledge of all aspects involved in creating and executing a successful enterprise.
The Line Up
Amanda Rosetti • Matthew Swig • Jessi Harris
Michael Heeney • Robert Bell • Nick Nistico
Tiffini Grant • Dustin Ezell • Jeffrey Creegan
Olivia Graham • Eric Vincent • John Fitzpatrick
Robert Dolder • Huy Nguyen • Kira Helman
Justin Himmelbaum • Joe Messina • Dakota Thompson
Ervin Machado • Anthony Rettino • Elizabeth Williams
Jessica Bell • Dave Lovett • Joshua Leith
‘Bar Brawls’ will start each Wednesday at 9:30pm at Death or Glory Bar, 116 NE 6th Avenue, Delray Beach. Tickets to attend each weekly brawl start at $10 for general admission, or ringside seats can be purchased for $25 (worth the extra cash). A portion of all proceeds will benefit Wounded Warrior Project. Full dinner service will be available during ‘Bar Brawls’ both inside and at the outdoor dining area until 11PM, then a late-night menu will be available until closing.
Death or Glory is passionate about cocktails, food, home, and community. Sip their innovative, seasonal cocktails prepared with precision and care. Taste their globally influenced new American fare that makes you feel at home. Read more here.
Behind The Scenes
David Bouchard, a finalist from the inaugural Bar Brawls, the GM/Beverage Director at Death or Glory is the behind the scenes engine that fuels the Brawls. His insight, experience and knowledge were invaluable in the planning of this year’s event and are vital to its upcoming success.
Writer: Renée Korbel Quinn, Spirited South Florida
Strategist | Writer | Supporter @cocktailr @SpiritedSFL #getspiritedsouthflorida #cocktailrs #downtownftlgirl
Photography by: Studio B2, Inc / Emiliano Brooks
0 comments on “Bar Brawls II – Death or Glory”Add yours →